Apply to CWU

Request Info.

Bouillon Hall 202

Congrats on your admission to Central Washington University.

We’re excited to have you join the Wildcat Family at CWU!

Now that you’re admitted to CWU, there are a few steps before you can start your educational goals. We’re here to help you if you have any questions or need any help.

For more information about how CWU is handling COVID-19 and protecting our students, visit our Covid response website and click on FAQ’s.

So what's next?

  • Step 1: Confirm Enrollment

    If you haven't already, you will be receiving your acceptance information in the mail. This information will guide you through the next steps in the enrollment process, which includes information on housing, financial aid, advising, and registration for classes.

    We encourage you to get your MyCWU account set up. This will allow you to track your Admissions progress and to see your “To Do's” list, your Financial Aid package, and more.

    Create your student account

    • Using your CWU username go to Wildcat Password.Your username was given to you after you submitted your application for admission (Wildcat Pro Tip: check your email and look for mail from CWU Service Desk).
    • This username and password is different from the ID you used to apply for admission
    • Be sure to change your password and keep your username and password handy. We recommend on your phone, so you always have it.
    • For technical assistance for MyCWU, or if you have not received an email with your temporary password, please contact the CWU?Service Desk at 509-963-2001.

    Confirm Admissions

    • Confirming lets CWU know you intend to enroll in classes.
    • We recommend accepting as soon as you’re admitted.
    • June 1st priority deadline for Fall quarter.
      • You can still accept your admission after the priority deadline, however, the sooner you accept the quicker we can help you get enrolled.

    Send your final transcripts (if necessary)

    • If you are currently enrolled at a high school or college, please send a final transcript after you have finished your final courses. If you do not send a final transcript, you may not be able to register for future courses at CWU.
  • Step 2: Apply for Financial Aid

    Even if you don't think you qualify for financial aid, we recommend students apply for FAFSA/WASFA before the priority deadline.

    Submit your FAFSA

    • The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 1 for priority consideration for all sources of funds. FAFSA is free and secure: you should never pay to submit your FAFSA.
      • Federal Aid remains available during the academic year for those who apply after March 1. The sooner you submit your FAFSA/WASFA the sooner you will receive your award package.
      • Check your email frequently. You may be asked to verify your financial aid information through the Financial Aid office. The verification process could take some time, but our offices will help you through it.
    • The Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA) is a free application for state financial aid students who are not eligible for federal aid because of immigration status, including undocumented students. Submit your WASFA by February 1 for priority consideration at Ready. Set. Grad.


    • Scholarships (for Fall term only) are based on academic merit. You will be automatically considered for CWU Fall Scholarships if you apply to CWU before March 1st. Students that apply after March 1st will be awarded based on available funding.
    • Other scholarships are available through Scholarship Central, which can be found in your MyCWU portal.

    Questions? Contact the Office of Financial Aid at 509-963-1611 or email

  • Step 3: Register for Orientation

    Orientation helps you transition to college in the best way possible. Meet new friends, future roomates, learn how to succeed in college, and have a good time on your new campus. Orientation is required for first-year students and highly encouraged for transfer students. Orientation is not required for students attending a University Center.

    Complete CENTRAL 101

    • CENTRAL 101 is a pre-orientation online course that helps future students understand more about the college process. CENTRAL 101 won't take long and you will learn a lot of valuable information, which is helpful for students and their support networks

    Register for Orientation

    • After completing CENTRAL 101, select an Orientation date and attend a Orientation & Registration event. At Orientation, representatives from academic and student services departments will be available to answer questions and help you set up any services you need. Students will also register for classes during orientation and meet with an academic advisor.


    • Advisors are assigned to you to help you make the transition to college, explore majors/minors, interpret and teach you university requirements and policies, and help you develop an academic plan to earn your degree.

    For more information, vist Orientation or call 509-963-2735.

  • Step 4: Apply for Housing

    Housing is a great way to succeed in college! Studies have shown that students that live on campus do better in class, meet new friends, become involved, and graduate with their degree on-time (which saves you money and time). CWU has 16 first-year residence halls to choose from, but they fill up quick! Be sure to sign up early so you can get the hall of your choice!

    Apply for On-Campus Housing

    • New first-year students must live on-campus during their first year.
    • You must live on campus unless you:
      • Are age 20 or older
      • Plan to live with immediate family members in the Ellensburg area
      • Have already completed your first year at another institution and will transfer with sophomore or greater standing (this does not apply to college credit completed in high school)

    To sign up, visit CWU Housing, email at, or call 509-963-1831.

    Check out CWU Dining

    • There are over 15 locations to eat on campus, including Central Marketplace, Holmes Dining Room, Panda Express, a food wagon, and several coffee cafe's, like the 1891 Bistro
    • There are also several meal plans available to fit any budget and schedule.
  • Step 5: Prepare for Class

    That’s it! You’re ready to attend class when your quarter starts! Here’s a few other helpful suggestions for you:


    • There are two options for ordering textbooks. Students may purchase the books online from the CWU University Bookstore or they may purchase them a third-party.
    • Students who want to use their financial aid to purchase textbooks MUST use the CWU University Store option. Both bookstores sell CWU sweatshirts, t-shirts and various school supplies.

    Student E-mail Account

    • Every student admitted to CWU has access to a free CWU Outlook e-mail account. Outlook is the main e-mail source for CWU students. It will be important for you to check your CWU e-mail on a regular basis.?

    CWU Connection Card

    • Your CWU Connection Card will allow you to check out materials from the library, use the computer lab, and obtain discounts at some movie theaters. Just go to the CWU Card office, get your picture taken, and you'll be connected.

    Disability Services

    • Disability Services (DS) is in partnership with Central Washington University and is dedicated to creating an inclusive university culture that celebrates diversity. DS provides individuals with disabilities an equal opportunity to fully participate in and benefit from all aspects of the education environment.
    • Students wishing to request disability accommodations should contact DS at?(509) 963-2214? or visit the?DS webpage.


    • Parking permits are available at the Parking Office in the Public Safety Building or at the Cashier's Office in Barge Hall. You can purchase your permit with a check or debit/credit card, however cash payments are only accepted at the Cashier's Office.
    • You can also complete a parking application online.

Have more questions?

Admissions: 509-963-1211
Financial Aid: 509-963-1611
Orientation: 509-963-2735